TOOLSNext Generation of Advanced Active and Intelligent Packaging for Food
TAILORPACK is a free decision support system designed to help you in choosing the right packaging for your fresh produce. It is made to suit the fresh fruits and vegetables chain needs, from production to retail.
It can be operated in 2 modes:
- Given the permeation properties of the packaging, it can predict the gas exchanges in MAP of fresh produces (simulation mode).
- Given the optimal storage atmosphere of the produce, it can predict the adequate permeation properties (optimization mode).
In order to use Tailorpack’s freeware, you must provide input data such as:
- Respiration parameters of your produce.
- Geometry of your packaging.
- Your material’s O2 and CO2 permeability.
- The optimal storage atmosphere of your produce.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE :
- Cagnon T. – Méry A. – Chalier P. – Guillaume C. – Gontard N. (2013). Fresh food packaging design: A requirement driven approach applied to strawberries and agro-based materials. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies, 20, 288–298. doi:10.1016/j.ifset.2013.05.009
- Guillard V. – Guillaume C. – Destercke S. (2012). Parameter uncertainties and error propagation in modified atmosphere packaging modelling. Postharvest Biology and Technology, 67(0), 154–166. Retrieved from http://www.sciencedirect.com
- Guillaume C. – Chalier P. – Gontard N. (2008). Modified atmosphere packaging using environmentally compatible and active food packaging. In C. E. (Ed.), Environmentally compatible food packaging (pp. 396–418). Boca Raton: CRC Press.
- Guillaume C. – Guillard V. Gontard N. (2010). Modified atmosphere packaging of fruits andvegetables: modeling approach. In O. Martin-Belloso & S. Soliva-Fortuny (Eds.), ADVANCES IN FRESH-CUT FRUITS AND VEGETABLES PROCESSING (pp. 255–284). CRC Press, Boca Raton.
A multi-criteria decision support system (DSS) for chosen suitable packaging for a given fresh fruit or vegetable.
This tool aims at answering practical question from user such as:
- Ex. I want a packaging which preserves my product, made of renewable resources, but without GMO, if possible transparent and with a “material” cost < 3 € / kg.
Demo version available at the following link : demoApricot.html
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE :
- Guillard V. – Buche P. – Destercke S. – Tamani N. – Croitoru M. – Menut L. – Gontard N. (2015). A Decision Support System to design modified atmosphere packaging for fresh produce based on a bipolar flexible querying approach. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 111, 131–139. doi:10.1016/j.compag.2014.12.010.
NGP Alliance between INRA-IATE and Fraunhofer IVV aims to provide the best strategic options to support the development of innovative and safe eco-friendly packaging for food, using some of the world’s most advanced and powerful laboratories, multi-scales equipment and decision support tools.